Thursday, 1 November 2012

Looper

I feel like this film to me was what Inception was like to most people. This was the movie that I loved from beginning to end and made me question reality and think about it nonstop. It got into my head. That's what most people said about Inception, but I didn't find it nearly as good as Looper. I heard no one talk about it when it came out but it was so amazing I would watch it multiple times in a day if I could. The cinematography is completely top notch, truly beautiful. The story was so much more incredible than when I first heard the plot and thought "Terminator rip off?" but I was so wrong. The premise is that in the future, about sixty years from now, time travel is invented, and then immediately outlawed, given the repercussions of altering the space time continuum and such. The only people who now illegally use it is the mob, because at this point in the future it is almost impossible to dispose of a dead body due to technological and forensic progress. So the mob kidnaps the person they want killed, tie them up, and send them back in time thirty years to a set destination and time, where there waits a hired gunman, called a Looper, who, upon the victim's arrival, immediately blow a large hole in their chest with the Looper's  blunderbust (shotgun thingy). Joseph Gordon Levitt plays a young, careless Looper named Joe, and things go a little haywire when one day future, old Joe (Bruce Willis) is sent back and escapes being killed by young Joe. Things get a little crazy as young Joe hunts down old Joe, determined to do his duty to the company he signed his life to, and old Joe tries to hunt down a young boy, who becomes a ruthless dictator in the future. The whole film is and intense and gory thrill ride and will leave you thinking about it for days.

No comments:

Post a Comment